Level 4 Qualification in Supporting Pupils’ Wellbeing Through Physical Education.
Developed by AfPE and SportsLeadersUK this online qualification has 10 hours of contact time.
It has been designed to ensure your staff in school:
- Understand how physical education can impact on pupils’ social and emotional wellbeing
- Can implement a social and emotional wellbeing-based approach
- Empower pupils to take care of their own social and emotional wellbeing
- Influence the whole school to promote social and emotional wellbeing
Active Members receive £15 cashback to spend on our online store when they book this course through The Active Education Co.
What is the qualification?
The Level 4 Qualification in Supporting Pupils’ Wellbeing Through Physical Education is a nationally recognised qualification that enables delegates to become specialists in supporting the social and emotional wellbeing of pupils through physical education.
Who is it aimed at?
This qualification is open to both primary and secondary school teachers with QTS involved in the teaching of physical education.
There is a requirement for tasks to be completed, some of which will be in between the contact days. The qualification has a mixture of guided learning & direct study time both amount to 30 hours of total qualification time. You can find more details of what is covered in the four units below:
- Social and emotional wellbeing in children & young people
- Factors of and impact of social & emotional wellbeing
- The role of Physical Education
- Planning and delivery of lessons that promote social & emotional wellbeing
- Evaluation tools
- Action planning to impact social & emotional wellbeing
- Empowering pupils to take care of their own social & emotional wellbeing
- Adopt healthy habits for social & emotional wellbeing
- The role of advocating emotional & social wellbeing
- Reporting on the social & emotional wellbeing
Our recommended course provider
The Active Education Co. work with a select number of course providers that our team have thoroughly vetted to ensure a high-quality service for our members. The recommended course provider for the Level 4 in Supporting Pupils Wellbeing Through Physical Education qualification is ‘The PE & Sports Hub’.
The courses delivered by The PE & Sports Hub are lead by Physical Education consultant Steve Busby. Steve is well known within the PESSPA industry for his innovative and energetic work. As a former Primary Head with over 13 years experience, Steve understands and passionately champions the enormous benefits an outstanding PE curriculum can bring to children’s health and well-being. He believes that PE is at the heart of all successful schools, with it being an integral role in whole school development.
Steve has a passion for helping colleagues develop outstanding practice in their curriculum and assessment and for maximising opportunities for children to participate and compete in school sport. He also believes in a curriculum that provides opportunities for children to lead, to inspire and to reflect.
The PE & Sports Hub were awarded the Association of Physical Education ‘Professional Learning Centre of The Year – 2019/20’
Upcoming Course Information
Dates: 22nd Feb & 17th March (1pm – 3:30pm)
5th May & 16th June (9 -11:30am)
Venue: All 4 sessions will be delivered remotely online.
Tutor/Course Leader: Steve Busby