Embedding a Powerful Physical Curriculum: Intent
With two core questions running through each unit, ‘How do you create a high-quality curriculum?’ and ‘What does a high-quality physical curriculum really look and feel like?’ this course aims to answer both and more! This course is one of three modules (Intent, Implementation and Impact) – you can save £250 and book all three modules togehter here.
What is the course?
The Embedding a Powerful Physical Curriculum: Intent course is a six-hour CPD that will develop your knowledge, provide the data and strengthened your passion to persuade leaders to invest in your school’s physical curriculum. This course is one of three modules (Intent, Implementation and Impact) – you can save £250 and book all three modules togehter here.
Who is it aimed at?
This course is aimed at primary school PE leaders, teachers and teaching assistants with a desire and passion to develop physical education within their primary school.
This course is split across two bitesize units outlined below:
Unit One: This unit will cover the process of creating a high-quality curriculum including;
- Recognising & identifying the value of a high-quality physical curriculum
- The process of designing a high-quality curriculum
- What is a physical curriculum & where it fits
- Outlining and defining key subject-specific terminology
Unit Two: This unit will cover what a high-quality physical curriculum really looks and feels like including:
- Setting expectations & identifying progression
- Identifying effective learning within the physical curriculum
- Creating a clear vision for your children
- Opportunity to draw on the characteristics of effective learners and the skills of successful learning
Additional Course Benefits
- This course is Module One of a larger course which can be accessed here.
- With this course being online, it provides you with the flexibility to work your learning and development around your busy schedule.
- In addition, you can pause your learning – take a break when you need to and pick up right where you left off
- The online system is responsive allowing you to access your courses wherever, whenever and however you like
- This course comes with resources and templates to support and embed your learning
- The provider of this course is recognised by the afPE Professional Development Board CPD stamp of approval
Our recommended course provider
The Active Education Co. work with a select number of course providers that our team have thoroughly vetted to ensure a high-quality service for our members. The recommended course provider for the Embedding a Powerful Physical Curriculum: Intent course is ‘Aspire:Ed’.
Aspire:ED is a real time CPD product brought to you by Aspire Active Education Group. It has been born out of our mission to combat physical inactivity forever. They offer you a powerful new way to learn and develop your teaching knowledge, skills, and confidence online. Every Aspire:ED course is designed by experts, delivered by experts, and uses effective learning principles that give you the opportunity to seamlessly embed your learning into your day-to-day role.
Aspire have almost two decades of experience supporting the delivery of Physical Education, sport, and physical activity engagement in primary schools throughout England. Our team also have an extensive track record of mentoring primary school teaching staff, upskilling the primary workforce, managing professional learning conferences and delivering a range of accredited qualifications, including the Level 5 Certificate in Primary School Physical Education Specialism.
They continue to work with a number of experts in our sector and are proud to be recognised as an approved provider by the Association of Physical Education (afPE) ‘Professional Development Board’.
Upcoming Course Information
This course is online and can be accessed whenever & wherever suits you.
This course is one of three modules (Intent, Implementation and Impact) – you can save £250 and book all three modules togehter here.